Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bartender

Where do I to start? Well, I showed up at the address of the party. I was greeted by they guy that I meet at Dolce. I was obviously a bit early cause the only other people there was the serving staff. I apologized for being early but he said that I was right on time. He led me in through the house to a beautiful backyard. He introduced me to model looking two guys who stood at the bar. "There are the guys you are going to be working with" he said and left us. I was a bit surprised, sure the guys looked good but they weren't famous or anything. I asked the two guys what was expected of us. One of them (named Tom) told me that were to stay at the bar and pour drinks until 2 AM. The other guy (Adrien) added that we get a 30 min break each.

I was totally gutted. This wasn't at all what I had agreed to. I thought I was gonna "work the floor" and be a famous guest. I wanted to leave but being a Swede has made me very dependable so I slowed my pride and tried to look cool and started organizing the bar with Tom and Adrien.

An hour after I had gotten to the party the guest started dropping in. A bunch of C-list celebrities like that Top Model girl who married the Brady Bunch guy showed up and want shoots. As soon as they realized that I was Swedish they started asking for Absolute and snaps. I short of liked being an bartender and was happy to pour drinks... Until I saw my dads new wife. My heart started racing what if my dad was there too? I didn't want him to see me working in a bar at some random party. Luckily he wasn't there and his wife didn't recognize me, at least she didn't comment on it when she ordered wine. Oh god, I really hope she didn't recognize me.

1 comment:

  1. wait, wait, wait.....your saying that your own step-mother didn't recognize you. that seems a tad....off....

    ReplyDelete