Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stephen Moyer

We all know how it sounds like he says “Suck-ay” when he's talking to or about Anna's character “Sookie”. I think it should be pronounced “Sue-key”, or rhyme with cookie. This was a big problem when we start shooting the first episodes, and Alan Ball was furious because Stephen couldn't pronounce her name right. He even hired a speech therapist to help him. Okay Stephen, say “Cookie” – “Cookie”. Good, now say “Sookie” - “Suck-ay”. It was truly hilarious. Alan ended up using him cause we couldn't find another actor fast enough...

So, at Dolce the other day, Stephen comes up to me and says “Sue-key, I knew how to say her name the whole time”. Then he just walked away. I think he was kinda drunk cause he never speaks to me on the set.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. I think it is very entertaining and original. You have a lot of fans out there Alex, and they are very obsessive fans. You don't seem to realize how famous you are! I know you don't read the stuff that is written on the forums and threads about you, but you gotta know you are wanted by a lot of women who think you really are Eric Northman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joan. I have been a fan of yours since you played Meekus in Zoolander and when I heard you were doing True Blood I was so pleased.
    I'm shocked about the Blue Steel incident. Eh, that won't be happening for long that's for sure.
    This story about Stephen Moyer is outright hilarious.

    ReplyDelete