Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kicking it with Eric

Sorry for not posting so much lately, I've been really busy. Except for filming I have focused on getting my second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I started training martial arts in Stockholm a couple years ago to get in shape for the role as Micke in the Dog Trick. I didn't care much for it at first but after a few weeks my sensei, a Korean guy named Kim, took me aside and said that he'd never seen a bigger talent than me before. I've always been doing sports of some kind so I wasn't surprised. I received my black belt quicker than any of Kim's earlier students, I even trained with the Olympic team for a short while. When I moved to LA I gave it up since I didn't know of any good dojos here. But a while back I ran into Sean William Scott (who's a totally cool dude by the way) at a party and he told me that he just received his black belt from his sensei. So I decided to go with to his dojo and it was awesome. Their sensei is a old guy from North Korea named Choi and the pictures on the wall showed him with several a-list celebrities. I ended up doing kumite with no one else than Eric Roberts (who is a third degree black belt. That dude's got some serious skills). He turned out to be a genuinely nice guy and after the work out he took me to his favorite low carb diner in the hills. I had a tofu burger and we talked about how he'd met my dad on the set of Entourage (I love that show by the way). I decided not to ask him about his sister since, well, I know the feeling when it comes to famous relatives. Then he told me that he thought I was probably ready for my second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do if I just worked on my roundhouse a little bit. I was like; really? And he was like; totally. So since then I've been spending a lot of time in the dojo with Eric and Sean because a second degree black belt will look great in my resume. Eric has also invited us all to this party at Robert Englunds mansion next week. I'm actually supposed to be filming that evening but I hope I can make it to the party anyways, I've always been a huge fan of Robert Englund.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I like Eric Roberts - those pretty blue eyes. Anyway, Alexander, I admire you for wanting to get the second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I am sure you are keeping in great shape. Can't wait to see the results in your scenes in True Blood Season 2.

    ReplyDelete