Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Northman sings Nordman


I've received a lot of kudos for my portraying of the ancient Viking vampire Eric Northman. I was thrilled when Alan Ball offered me the role as Eric, because Northman in Swedish means Nordman and as it happens it's the name of my favorite band ever. During one of the rehearsals I brought a CD with Nordman with me to the set and played it during one of the breaks. Everybody started rocking like crazy and Alan Ball came over and said; Alex, what is this stuff?
It's Northman, I answered.
You got to be kidding me, he said, if I ever come to Sweden I have to meet those guys, this is like the best music I've ever heard. I want those guys in the show!
I was really happy that Alan and the others (well, except for one person, I guess you know who, always the party pooper) liked Nordman as much as I do. I hope they play in LA someday, it would be a dream come true.

1 comment: