Thursday, February 5, 2009

Moneybrother


Yesterday I went for a quick jog before my scheduled meeting with Alan Ball. I usually listen to techno or similar stuff when I run but this time I chose to listen to my good friend Anders Wedins (a.k.a. Moneybrother) latest album. I haven't had time to listen to it earlier so I was totally amazed how awesome it was. Anders voice is maybe not the best in the industry but since his genre is sort of alternative he gets away with it. The melodies are great though. No need to tell you it was a good jog, right? Since I have plans on maybe get my own musical career started, I came up with the brilliant idea that maybe we should do something together in the future. I have been taking vocal lessons for quite some time now (same guy that Christan Bale used to take lessons from) just in case. Anders has a solid thing going on in Stockholm but in my opinion he doesn't possess enough star quality to make it big in the states. I, on the other hand, got the looks but with all the present acting I have no time to sit down and write any good songs. I will contact Anders about this soon, I'm sure he will be more than interested. Last year in Stockholm Anders invited me over for dinner. He has a very cute girlfriend who I think is an Indian (native American). I could'nt take my eyes of her. She looks a little bit like Pocahontas but still speaks fluent Swedish which is totally strange. If she wasn't his girlfriend I would definitely make a move on her. Duh, maybe I will anyways (haha, just kidding). Well, if Anders doesn't write those songs for me, it might be a whole other story, right? (haha, just kidding again, I won't steal her from you, Anders). After the dinner we went to Spy Bar which felt a bit weird since my dad used to hang out there a few years ago. Nowadays the crowd seemed pretty young so it was alright I guess. Anders bought me a drink I've never had before, a caipirinha. It was very good but a bit sour. Maybe I'll share the recipe in this blog later... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment