Sunday, February 1, 2009

Overheard in the Valley

I spent the whole morning looking through “Overheard in New York”, and I realized that I “overheard” something a few weeks ago. I was on an audition, hoping to get a role in an independent film, directed by some hip up-and-coming, but unfortunately unknown, director. Anyway, this man, at least twice my size, was sitting with the rest of us in a hotel lobby in the Valley. I can't remember the street but I have a note somewhere with an address, can't seem to find it. Jeez, I just keep drifting away from the story, aren't I? Anyway, this huge, pale and slowly balding man kept telling these stories of when he was filming with Di Caprio. Claiming that he was one of the extras when they did “The Beach” (obviously a lie, I have seen “The Beach” twice and he wasn't in it). This guy told the person next to him that Di Caprio had been so impressed with the acting that Di Caprio wished that he had known him then he was staring in “Titanic”. Hilarious! Not even Swedish director Roy Andersson, who loves freaks and outcasts, would have cast this guy in any of his absurd and boring commercials. Anyway, just wanted to get this story of my chest.

5 comments:

  1. Är du sjuk i huvudet? Du är inte Alex!

    PS: You need to cut back on the crack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* Yeah. What they said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and as Whitney once said "Crack is Whack' so lay off the pipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *snort* Opps, I mean... *laughs* haha "Crack is Whack"

    ReplyDelete